AWS Cloud Engineer
This client develops customized software solutions that make your processes smarter and your bottom line stronger. How? They work ahead of the curve. An accomplished team of national talent, including back-end, front-end and user interface developers and cloud platform engineers, that help move you ahead of the competition.
We are currently seeking an AWS Cloud Engineer. You will be expected to work as an expert to identify, educate, and create best-in-class solutions.
The role is remote - U.S. located, only full time (NO- contractors, Corp-to-Corp or 1099).
- Understand our client's fast-moving business requirements.
- Embrace automation tools in order to create applications and their infrastructure in a consistent and repeatable manner.
- Create and support tools that drive application development best practices.
- Create and support robust CI/CD pipelines that enable frictionless delivery of changes to production.
- Design, create and maintain cloud infrastructure using ‘infrastructure as code’ tools such as Terraform and Ansible.
- Adhere to cyber security best practices in developing infrastructure that follows the principle of ‘least privilege’
- Proactively identify and remediate violations of security best practices within the supported application portfolio and its cloud infrastructure.
- Integrate tooling with client’s change control process.
- Troubleshoot and resolve infrastructure defects to support the application portfolio and its cloud infrastructure.
- Opportunity for advancement for the candidate who can communicate to both technical and non-technical audiences in a clear and effective manner.
Skills & Experience:
- 5+ years overall technology experience.
- 3+ years’ experience being an SRE in an enterprise environment.
- 3+ years’ experience working with infrastructure engineers and software development teams.
- 3+ years of experience creating and using AWS infrastructure as well as designing CI/CD deployment pipelines.
- Must have strong working knowledge of Terraform and AWS Cloud Formation or similar cloud automation tools.
- Knowledge of Ansible or similar infrastructure automation tools.
- Software security standards and best practices
- Fluency with Git source control and common branching strategies
- 3+ years of Python, Bash or equivalent scripting languages
- Familiarity with Java Virtual Machines and the language/framework ecosystem
- Thorough knowledge of Docker, Docker Compose, Docker Swarm or similar container technologies.
- Knowledge of relational and/or NoSQL databases
- Deep understanding of networking (VPC, Subnets, Security Groups, DNS, route tables)
- Associate level or higher AWS certifications preferred.
My client is speaking to candidates now, so get your foot in the door early by sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered.
NDC Tek are a niche supplier for cutting edge companies within the technology ecosystem. Our expert team boast years of experience recruiting the highest level of talent within; Cloud, DevOps, Frontend/Backend Development, CMS and Mobile Development.