Data Engineer - Mountain View, CA
Our client, a leading-edge technology to design, manufacture and deliver market-leading innovative solutions that meet our customers' evolving needs, and touch the lives of millions of people every day. They are a FTSE100, global business of around 23,000 colleagues, based in 55 countries.
• Design and develop scalable data stores and frameworks with sub-second query latency on highly multi-dimensional data
• Engineering solutions to aggregate and automate large scale data flows from varying sources
• Build real time streaming pipelines that deliver data with measurable quality under the SLA
• Ability to effectively communicate ideas to peers and distributed teams
• Delivering products with top notch quality in a fast-paced environment
• Contributing towards building a system with a test-driven development / agile approach
• Collaborate with other team members in breaking down tasks and implementation of the initiatives all the way to release
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering with 5+ years of experience or Master’s degree with 3+ years directly related experience.
- Experience with large-scale distributed systems as pertains to data storage and computing
- Extensive experience with Amazon AWS technologies S3, EMR, Redshift or similar cloud offerings.
- Strong development skills in Java, Scala and/or PySpark
- Experience with caching technologies using Redis, Memcached.
- Knowledge of various databases / database technologies - Oracle, Postgres, Cassandra (NoSQL), Vertica or other columnar databases.
- Knowledge in data technologies like Airflow, Spark, Python, Sql, AWS and strong CS Fundamentals
- Exposure to statistical data structures such as HyperLogLog, MinHash etc
- Highly proficient in Object Oriented Design and Development
My client is speaking to candidates now, so get your foot in the door early by sending your CV to email@example.com to be considered.
NDC Tek are a niche supplier for cutting edge companies within the technology ecosystem. Our expert team boast years of experience recruiting the highest level of talent within; Cloud, DevOps, Frontend/Backend Development, CMS and Mobile Development.